UPDATE: Facebook appears to have removed embedding as a service
NOTE: Facebook have placed a requirement on Pages to have at least 2,000 likes/fans before you are able to embed widgets in them. The method below will not work otherwise.
You will see this error and there is nothing you can do about it except get 2,000 likes:
Once you have 2,000 likes read on …
If you'd like to link your campaign actions to Facebook you can do that - allowing your supporters to take action within the platform instead of jumping out ti your Do Gooder microsite or your own site with our actions embedded in them.
Here's how you do it:
1) Create a new action in Do Gooder or edit an existing one. NOTE: you must first create your Action, save and Activate it then return to editing it before you can access the iframe code.
2) Navigate to the Campaign Dashboard and ensure your campaign is Active (Launch the campaign if it is not yet launched, don't worry no one will know it's there until you promote it!) and click the edit icon on the action you wish to embed.
3) Scroll down to the Advanced Tab and click the + link to open the tab.
4) Scroll right down to the bottom and you will see the code with a heading "Embed this action in a third party site".
5) Click on the field and select all of the code, then copy it.
6) Log in to your Facebook Page as an admin
7) visit https://apps.facebook.com/static_html_plus/
8) Click Add Static App t o your App button then select the Page you want to add it to.
9) You will be taken to the new tab, click the Set up tab button
10) Paste the Do Gooder action code directly into the window (removing the existing default copy)
11) You will see some warnings about not using https. Manually add the 's' after the http on the two url links in the embed code.
12) Click Actions / Edit Name and Image and enter the name you'd like to use for the Tab.
13) Click Save & Publish
Click View on Facebook to see your new Embedded Actoins (you will need to view in Visitor Mode while logged in)
You an also use Facebook's Manage Tabs option to place your tab in the spot you'd like in the Facebook Nav.
All done, you're good to go!